Food, beverage and pharmaceutical packagers aren't the only companies who rely on InspX's ScanTrac X-Ray Inspection systems. Some of our customers have found more creative uses for our advanced x-ray inspection technology. We find missing gunpowder or pellets in shotgun shells, foreign materials in cigarette boxes, and stones in bulk unprocessed materials like potatoes, carrots, turnips, and other root vegetables.
The smallest size of contaminant possible to detect will vary based on multiple factors, including: size of product, density of contaminant, false reject tolerance, line speed etc.
InspX welcomes testing of your specific product and contaminant samples. Click here to schedule a test of your product or call us at (510) 226-6686.
Shotgun shell missing
Cigarette box with
Typical Inspections (multiple inspections available):
- Contaminant - metal, glass, rock, bones, and other foreign matter
- Fill level - product fill height
- Void - air pockets in product
- Density - product weight
- Dents in metal parts found automatically by the contaminant inspection
- Upside down found automatically by the contaminant inspection
- Seam irregularities
- Miscellaneous - any other problem with container or product shape or integrity
- Conveyor Speed: up to 700 fpm (feet per minute)
- Container: up to 2,200 cpm (containers per minute)
Recommended ScanTrac Models:
- ScanTrac Solo - The ScanTrac Solo uses side-view x-ray inspection to verify contents and detect foreign materials at up to 2,200 containers per minute.